Friday, July 11, 2014

Taste of the Seas

Taste of the Sea July 5th

Every other Friday night there is a man that drives into the driveway in his little truck and opens the back of it to display his fresh catch of oysters. How neat to have door to door service with fresh seafood. These oysters are a specialty of the region. Because of the location of where they are grown in the ocean flats, they have a particular flavor that surpasses anything I've experienced. So Saturday night we had raw oysters with lemon as a first course followed by mussels in curry sauce. Never having eaten raw oysters I was hesitant but I did try 3 and eventually I think I will have more and more. The mussels were the best I've eaten even though mussels are not among my favorites of seafood. I had a little salmon to add to my dinner as I wasn't sure how I would like the other specialties.  You
can read more about it from:

postcards from a french inn


If you don't like oysters wait a week and you can get fresh mussels from another lady who drives by in her truck.  With a toot of her horn you are notified that she has arrived.  Bring your bucket to put the catch of the day in.  Can't get much fresher than that.  Such service.

In addition to have fresh seafood delivered on Saturday there is a man who comes in the driveway to sell his fresh chevre cheese. We bought 2 fresh and 2 aged rounds. Oh man, I could live on those alone. Both Anne and I liked the aged a little better but the fresh is so good too. The man that delivered the cheese is very shy and barely said a word to us. I was told he still lives with his mother! I must say, his cheese is fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment