Sunday, July 13, 2014

Vide Grenier July 6th

Vide Grenier July 6th

This means “empty the attic” or in our terms – garage sale. It's more like a big flea market where everyone brings items to sell. They have them every Sunday morning in some town nearby. It's fun to see what kinds of things they have in France. There are some clothes and lots of odds and ends. They are pretty reasonable and if you go at the end of the day you are likely to end up with free items. This happens especially if you have red hair and speak with a different accent! I did find a treasure I did buy. I did take the opportunity to talk to one of the ladies as I was looking at one of her bags to use for your shopping items. You need a big “catch all” bag to put your loaf of bread in and your bag of olives etc. The lady ended up giving me the bag as a souvenir! The trick to these bags is to be able to find what you put in it!

Then I was looking at a guitar to see if it was any good for a short term music spree at the villa while I'm here. It was missing some strings which are easily attainable. So I picked it up just to see if the 2 strings would hold their tune. I tried tuning those two string and one popped. I was looking pretty dubious about that time and was about to put it back when the guy looked at me and decided he wanted to give it to me! So I guess I did pretty good for my outing at the flea market t- two free items and one for 50 cents. I actually think the guitar might not be too bad! I hope to find some more treasures to bring back. Of course, it all has to fit in my pocket!! 

I think the first thing I need to look for is a suitcase so we can bring home some treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment